#27 photobucket sllide show

LOLCATS #30

lolcats funny cat pictures There's a BIG bunch of cute pictures at this site. Will go back and visit it again.

chalkboard

Image created at GlassGiant.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

#16 Wiki land

I can see where wikis could be useful. I had a couple of favorites:
1. SJCPL subject guides--My favorite I think. Can see where it would be a very useful tool at the reference desk or if you do a bunch of research on your own. It would be a good way to keep track of sources for popular topics or hard to find topics asked at the reference desk. "We should make a note of that for the next time we need to look this up. It was hard to find." is something I have heard. This would be a easy to keep and organize system for those "notes".
2.Book Lovers Wiki --it is a list of book reviews. When you click on a title, it links to your card catalog and you can see if it is available.
3. Bull Run Library Wiki--It is like a newsletter about a library system. "What's happening". It is also FULL of information and articles. They have one called Library elf that works like our email system to patrons. Also I found one I really like http://www.m-w.com/ Check it out and see what it is.

No comments: